ART THERAPIST ASSOCIATION OF SINGAPORE
The Art Therapists’ Association Singapore (ATAS) is a non-partisan, not-for-profit, professional body which is run and regulated by its members. It was established in 2008 to represent the emerging profession of art therapy in Singapore aimed to advance its’ growth and development.
ATAS is governed by a committee of full members, elected every 2 years at the AGM. The committee is sub-divided into executive and sub-executive committees. The President of ATAS heads the executive committee and is supported by the Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The sub-committee comprises of members who wish to serve the association in a non-executive role.
- Provide CPD for members and non-members throughout the year
- Invite local and international art therapists for talks and workshops
- Establish community partnerships at the ministerial level (such as MSF, MOE and MOH) and with VWO’s to promote art therapy services
- Forge connections with other disciplines and professional organizations through open sharing and collaboration
- Stay abreast of current research and development in art therapy to make available as resource for our members
To advance art therapy by:
- Advocating for the profession
- Lobbying for recognition and regulation
- Facilitating training and professional practice of art therapists in accordance with the highest international standards
- Promoting professional integrity and ethical standards
- Educating the public about the benefits of art therapy and criteria for art therapists
To make art therapy available to everyone in the community and establish it as a viable, relevant and necessary player in the mental health field in Singapore.