Expectations of conduct, performance and ethics for art therapists in Singapore:
- Art therapists will act in the best interests of service users.
- Art therapists will respect the confidentiality of the service users.
- Art therapists will keep high standards of personal conduct.
- Art therapists will keep their professional knowledge and skills up to date.
- Art therapists should accept only those appointments or responsibilities for which they are professional qualified by education, training, or experience.
- Art therapists will not discriminate on the grounds of race, class, culture gender, marital status, physical or mental ability, religion, sexual orientation, or age.
- Art therapists will limit their work or stop practicing if their performance or judgment is affected by their health.
- Art therapists will behave with honesty and integrity and make sure that their behavior does not damage the public’s confidence in them or their profession.
- Art therapists will make sure that any advertising they do is accurate.
- Duty of care
- Relationship with colleagues and other professionals
Personal Responsibility and Conduct
- Physical, mental and emotional health and competency
- Individual accountability
- Public behavior
- Informal consent
- Record keeping
Professional Competence and Integrity
- Professional competence
- Cultural competence
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
Research, Publication, and Advertising
- Integrity of representation
- Reproduction of client’s artwork